Friday, March 7, 2008

Values for Wife


Whilst serving my mission in England, we had pamphlets that we carried around with us that we would pass out called "Values of life". These pamphlets consisted of basic LDS doctrine pertaining to the family and the blessing of having an eternal family. An added tool to use as an approach or something to put in their hands as we were leaving. Some Elders decided it would be fun to recreate this pamphlet and call it "Values for wife". This obviously was centered around their arrival home and the hopes of finding the "wife" that they had earned on their mission through their hard work and dedicated service. Some of you may not know this, but there is a myth out there that says the harder you work on your mission, the hotter your wife will be. If that's the case, I was a better missionary than I thought.

I was talking with a good friend of mine the other day. We were reminiscing about days gone by and the fun we had. We got on the topic of girls that had come into our lives and especially those we had dated. We both acknowleged the fact that there were quite a few, some bad and some that "got away".
Side note: I was the last of my group of friends to get married. I was 26 years old, a little older than the average male in Utah.
During this conversation something was said that caught me a little off guard, yet made me feel good and helped me appreciate Cristina even more than I already do. The statement was "I have added to my list of things I am looking for in a wife, she needs to be like Cristina. She needs to take care of me as much I take care of her." Now I know that I have an amazing wife, but it makes me feel even better that my friends think I have an amazing wife. We went on to discuss this a little more and covered a few things that she does that made him say that.
I really am very lucky to have found Cristina. The way we met and the timing of everything was perfect (that may be a later post). Cristina is everything I could ask for. My values for a wife lie within everything that Cristina is. Besides her taking care of Ethan all day, keeping our house in order, her testimony, being a fabulous mom and a wonderful wife, she is cool too! Here are a couple of things that show just how cool she really is. I've heard that when women are pregnant, they have some pretty strange cravings! Not Cristina. It seems like we were eating steak, buffalo wings or mexican food almost every night (my top 3 favorites). Why? Because that is what she was craving. How lucky am I?! She goes the extra mile to make sure that I am well fed. It's little things like knowing that when I eat celery, I prefer the more white colored celery stocks as opposed to the greener stocks. And no matter how many stupid jokes I tell, she still laughs. Little things like that let me know she cares about me. She definitely takes care of me more than I take care of her. I am the winner here!
If you don't know Cristina, you should. She truley is an amazing person!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Ok Adam this is Heather from FL, and I love how sweet your post was! What a romantic thing to do. I very much enjoyed reading it and finding out how your family is doing!

Cameron's Corner said...

Your wife COOKS?!?

Lucky.

Johnny Metropolis said...

Smart of you not to give the guy who said those nice things about your wife public credit... she might fall for him or something. In fact you didn't mention this but I bet your a bit leery of him trying something. He might as well have said "I have a huge crush on your wife... I'll kill you to get her if I have too." What a savage! Man, you can't even call a guy like that a friend!

Hasn't anyone told you to turn off the "word verification" in your settings yet? It's irratating.

Cameron's Corner said...

You must have gone tracting in the rain a-lot! Cristina has always impressed me, you two are the best. I love you guys, it's so fun to hear what you are up to.

Betsy

wordandcraft said...

Adam, this post is so sweet. You have definitely earned bonus points for telling the world how amazing your wife is. (And she earns bonus points just for being so flippin' awesome.)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go whack Rhett with a frying pan for not being the sentimental brother. Oh, wait. If I do that, he won't have any reason to say nice things about me like you did about Cristina. Darn it; I guess I'll just have to sulk quietly. ;)

KateMarie said...

I want to be Cristina when I grow up.