Monday, July 14, 2008

Long live the 80's

So we have been wanting to see Journey for a while now. We had tickets when they came with Def Leppard in 2006, but a little boy named Ethan decided to come early and ruined us going to the concert. (no I am not bitter, anymore) haha. So now it has taken us two concerts to see the bands we were going to see in one. We saw Def Leppard last year w/ Foreigner and Styx. Which just a side note, was an AAAAWWWWEEEEESSSSOOOOMMEEEE concert. Friday we went and saw Journey, Heart, & Cheap Trick with Paul and Janet Henderson.

On the way to the front gate you would have sworn we were late with how fast we (Adam) was walking. Except we weren't. And by the look on his face in the second picture, you would think he did not want to be there. Uh hello, smile!!!

Cheap Trick opened, and they were good, but unfortunately I only knew one of their songs. For those of you who don't know any of their songs, they sing the song that "That 70's Show" opens with. Which they didn't perform. Oh well, we didn't buy the tickets to see them. Heart performed second and apparently woke Adam up. I love going to concerts with him because it is so much fun seeing him get into the music. Unfortunately there were some crabby people at this concert that wanted everyone to sit down the whole concert. Just my opinion, but if you want to sit down and watch a band play, buy the video and stay home. The Band doesn't come and perform so that everyone will stay in their seats and just watch, HHEEELLLLOO. There was actually a guy in front of us that left during Journey cause he was mad that the ENTIRE audience was standing except him. Oh well, his loss not ours.
Heart was awesome. Anne Wilson has got a mean set of lungs on her, she sounded fabulous and can belt out the tunes. **And Nancy Wilson (the skinny one), well as far as I'm concerned, she could be an alternate on my list.

In between Heart and Journey, Adam & Paul went to get Janet & I a pretzel. While we were waiting for the boys to come back Janet & I were luckily reminded of the quality of life that is around this city. Here is just a sample. We didn't want to be too obvious so I took the picture on my phone of this lady who clearly didn't feel the wind blowing on her behind. Gross! Let me just say that it is everyone's own prerogative what kind of underwear they wear, I just don't want to witness it.
(That is the women's white thong hanging out of her pants)

Journey was awesome!! Now I am sure that there are some die hard fans who won't think the same as me, but oh well they aren't writing this. Journey has a new lead singer. He (Arnel Pineda) is from the Philippines and was seen singing Journey songs on You Tube and the band called him and offered him the lead singer position. I had seen them perform on the "Ellen" show several months ago and was impressed with how he sounded. If you ask me, he is every bit as good as Steve Perry. He played to the crowd and was totally entertaining. All in all it was an awesome concert!!!

**Comments via Adam, not Cristina

4 comments:

Brittney said...

Cristina,
I had the opportunity to go to Styx with a group including Adam a few years ago, and I have to second your opinion about how fun it is to see Adam get into the music. He knew every word to every song, and had some interesting moves as well.:) Looks like it was a fun show!!

cbonitab said...

Gosh dang your kid is cute!

I'm so glad you wrote... Glad to hear everything is happy.

I just caught word, I'm transfering to PROVO. I am working witht he state now... in spanish speaking welfare cases (lol) and i got a transfer to Provo. Bummer.

BUT I'm excited about the oppertunity. :) i can finally focus on getting my butt in Law School.

Any how... So glad to see your happy as ever!

Johnny Metropolis said...

Long live ARNEL!!! (right now my right arm is up with my pinky and fore fingers extended and my head banging)

Unknown said...

Cristina you look so cute in that picture of you and Adam. Adam, I read your comments on my blog...why do you have to be such a bully? :) I hope you guys are having lots of fun!