Monday, August 18, 2008

Terrible Twos???

Saturday was Ethan's 2nd birthday. I can't believe it has been 2 years already. Time really does fly. He woke up with Adam telling him happy birthday, which got Ethan very excited. I am not sure if he really understood the whole birthday concept. But he did know that he had to wait to get his new basketball hoop until his birthday, so needless to say, the elephant never forgot!!!

I decided to be a little brave this year and make Ethan a real birthday cake. Ethan had a blast licking the beaters for me.
Then while he was taking his nap I was going to decorate the cake. Well after quite some time of not going to sleep, Adam went in to see what the problem was and this is what he found. NOT FUNNY!!
YES THAT IS POOP! He pooped while trying to go to sleep and instead of just telling us decided to show us. I was completely grossed out! Luckily the rest of the day got better. I was able to finish his cake which turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. Over all I would have to say that he enjoyed his birthday. Here are a few pictures.

Ethan also had his 2 year check up today. The doctor said everything is great and he is growing good. Maybe a little too good. :) Here are his measurements:

Head: 51 cm=93%ile

Height: 37 in=94%ile

(good thing he is tall or he might fall over from his huge head)

Weight: 29lbs 14 oz=71%ile

6 comments:

Cameron's Corner said...

So you let him see his presents and then tell him he can't have them until his birthday?

That's an awesome cake, by the way.

I'm impressed.

Quela said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! That cake looks awesome! Nice work.

And what is it about kids and their poo? If they only knew what they were messin with...

Adam and Cristina Smith said...

Cameron~Well I got away with buying his presents while he was with me for christmas so I figured I could do it this time, but apparently he has a much better memory now.

Quela~i know, what is the obsession with poo, I thought of you and Roxy when I found him and was thankful that it wasn't as bad as Roxy. :)

wordandcraft said...

Great cake! It looks like your little man had quite a nice birthday, in spite of the poo!

The Pachuilo Family said...

I love the cake! You'll have to tell me how you did it. I am glad we found your blog. It's always good to see how people are and how fast the kids grow up.

April Dolato said...

I had to change my url. It's now ithinkilookawesome.blogspot.com