Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Proud Wife!!!

FIRST OF ALL IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ADAM'S BLOG ENTRY BELOW, PLEASE READ IT BEFORE YOU READ THIS ONE....

As Adam mentioned, his aunt Jody and I went to watch him do the triathlon. A huge thanks to my sister Sabrina for offering to watch Ethan, because I was planning on taking him, and now after having gone and seeing what it was really like, I would have gone insane had Ethan come with us. The website was not very good at really preparing spectators as to what they should expect.
Anyway, when Adam started talking about possibly doing the triathlon, I too thought he was out of his mind. But when he told me on the phone that he had signed up for the triathlon and that you had to pay a fee to sign up, I suddenly realized he was serious! So when I heard about the bets that were going on I kind of laughed. I now wish I would have participated in the bets myself. I would have won. I would have bet that he would finish, because when Adam really puts his mind to something I know he will do whatever it takes to get it done.
So needless to say, he finished! I was so proud of him when I saw him cross that finish line. I worried about him pushing himself too much to try to keep up with his buddies. When he finished he wasn't breathing as heavily as I had expected which was a good sign to me. I knew he would be pretty sore afterwards for a couple of days, but I then knew that he hadn't pushed himself to badly enough to be totally out of commission.
Overall, I am very proud of my husband!!!! Especially since he doesn't work out, except when he goes swimming on saturday mornings with the same buddies. (and yes they swim pretty hard, not my idea of swimming, but hey to each his own, right.) All three of his buddies work out pretty regularly. Anyway, it was a lot of standing around and waiting for each guy to cross each event but the nice tan/burn I received and getting to cheer them on was well worth it. Congratulations to all of them, Ryan, Dave, Nate, & Adam!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Adam congrats on finishing, I'm so proud of you! Oh, and thanks for the comment on Johns blog. Yes I AM the cats mother okay?

em said...

First, thanks for your idea of a slide show. I did a lil one but I need to work on a better one with my finished photos. Next, I really am preggers cause I was crying when I was reading your last posts. GO ADAM! Thats awesome!

Quela said...

Nice work Adam! Next you need to get Paul to do one of those with you!! That'd be the day.

Branden and Mindy said...

Cristina you are such a sweetheart! Im so glad you've seen the updates on my blog to see that I survived the delivery! It wasn't as bad as it sounds. It actually seemed a lot easier than I thought it would. I love your blog and cant wait to get back to work to beautify those nails of yours! p.s. tell your sweet mom hello